Online Application for a New Kenyan Passport
Pursuant to section 27(1) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act 2011 as read with section 12 of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulation 2012, legal notice No. 64, all applicants are required to complete Form 19 (Fillable online)
as the Kenya Passport application form set out in the first schedule of the Regulations.
- Form 19 (Fillable online) Fully completed and signed
- After you download, print, complete and sign the application, mail it to the Kenyan Consulate in Los Angeles.
- After reading the Requirements below, please follow the "Form 19" link to download the application form.
- If you have had a passport for 10 years from the date of issue it can not be renewed.You are required to apply for a new passport.You may apply for a new passport 6 months before expiry.
- Form 19 (Fillable online)fully completed and signed
- Original Kenyan Passport and
- Two(2) Copies of Kenyan Passport (Bio Data pages only)
Copy of Kenya National Identity card front and back. (Mandatory- If you do not have a Kenya National ID read - http://www.kenyaconsulatela.com/id.aspx)
- Attach three(3) recent passport size photos with the following features:
(a) They should be clear with all facial features clearly outlined.
(b) Photos should show the full face and ears.
(c) Photos should be taken against a white background
(d) The size of the face should be 2 inches by 2 inches.
(e) Weaves and hair should not cover the forehead or the rest of the face.
(f) Decent photos - ladies should not be wearing strappy or strapless tops.
(g) Photos should be without shadows in the background.
(h) The applicant should not smiling or laughing.
(i) Photos should be taken without spectacles.
- A Money Order or Cashiers Check of: (Payable to CONSULATE GENERAL OF KENYA LOS ANGELES. Do not staple check/money order onto document)
(a) $120.00 for a 32 page passport.
(b) $150.00 for a 48 page passport.
- A copy of your birth certificate showing both sides.
- In the case of married women who wish to change their name(s), a copy of the marriage certificate duly certified/registered with the county should be provided.
- In case of a divorce, a divorce certificate/divorce decree, duly authenticated by the Secretary of State of the United States of America should be provided.
- A self addressed stamped envelope for the return of your passport(s). The envelope should have enough postage for: Fedex, Express Mail, Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (NB: UPS, Metered stamps and Regular mail are not acceptable).
- Contact Information:
(a)Telephone: Work, Home
*Please note that it takes 6-8 weeks to get a new passport from the date the application is received in NAIROBI
*Please PRINT all pages, including the first page and return it together with this instructions sheet. Kindly ensure that the application forms are properly signed and dated.
*No Expedited service available for new passports.
NB: Any incomplete application will not be processed.
To avoid delays in processing your application please ensure that you have read all the requirements above.