This is therefore to encourage prospective Kenya e-visa applicants to make their application through the official Government website http://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html Note: the Government of Kenya will not be responsible for any loss of monies or extra charges occasioned through the use of the unofficial scam site. For further enquiries contact the Consulate.
The Kenya Consulate wishes to inform all visa applicants of the introduction of a new electronic visa processing system (evisa http://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html ). This online visa application process is currently running concurrently with the Kenya Consulate online visa application.
The Republic of Kenya will beginning September 22 2015 increase the validity of short term business/tourist visas for United States applicants.
Applications for the 5 year business/ tourist visas will be channeled through the Consulate General of Kenya in Los Angeles for processing at the Immigration headquarters in Nairobi.
The visa processing fee of $200 is to be paid on application.
Student visa applicants will first obtain entry visas from outside the country and thereafter apply for student’s pass whilst in the country.
- $200 Money order / Cashier’s cheque only (Payable to CONSULATE GENERAL OF KENYA LOS ANGELES)
- 2 (Two) Passport size pictures
- Application letter (in duplicate)
- Duly filled visa application form – Click for form
- Copy of biodata page of the applicant passport
Note: Once the visa is approved, the applicant will be called to avail their original passport for visa issuance.
Effective 1st February 2016, children under 16 years of age accompanying their parents to Kenya will be exempted from paying visa fees.
Please note that the possession of a Kenyan Visa is not the final authority to enter Kenya. The immigration officer at the port of entry may deny entry if the visitor is unable to fulfill the immigration requirements and if the entry and presence of such a person in Kenya would be contrary to national interests, even if such a person is in possession of a valid visa for Kenya.
Consulate Application for a Kenyan Visa
- Applications for all visa services under this category should be completed online.
- You must complete one application per person to receive a Unique Confirmation Number.
- After completion, please download, print and sign the application before mailing it to the Kenyan Consulate in Los Angeles.
- Applications which are not filled online will be returned unprocessed.
- After reading the Requirements below, please follow the “Continue with Online Application” link to complete the online application form.
- A valid Passport (not photocopy) with at least 6 months validity and 2 unused pages to be submitted along with the application form
- Completed (Filled in) Application Form duly signed.
- Copy of flight Itinerary/Letter from travel agent on company letterhead confirming booking.
- Two Passport size photos (NB: Computer generated pictures are not acceptable)
- Visa Fees: (Money order/Cashier’s Cheque Only Payable to CONSULATE GENERAL OF KENYA LOS ANGELES. Do not staple check/money order onto document)
- US$50.00 For Single Entry (Tourist/Visitor/Business),
- US$100.00 For Multiple Entries (Tourist/Visitor/Business),
- US$20.00 For Single Transit,
- US$100 for East Africa Tourist Visa. See below for visa description and application form)
- Expedited Service available at an extra $20.00
- ALL CLIENTS ARE ADVISED TO SUBMIT ONLY THE EXACT AMOUNT OF THE OFFICIAL FEE FOR THE SERVICE REQUIRED IN THE FORM OF MONEY ORDER OR CASHIERS CHEQUE. NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHEQUES ARE ACCEPTED.
- (i)Single Entry……………………………………… Allows you to enter into Kenya once
NB: A single entry Visa would allow re-entry to Kenya from any of the following East African Countries (Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda)
- (ii)Transit…………………………………………….. Allows a short stop over (up to 72 hours) in Kenya. No Visa required for direct Transit (not leaving the airport)
- (iii)Multiple Entry………………………………………Allows multiple times entry into Kenya
- (IV) East Africa Visa – allows travel between Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda with the same multiple entry visa. The holder of the East Africa Tourist Visa shall enter the region from the country that issued the visa and move within the two other countries without applying for another visa or paying another visa fee.
EAST AFRICA TOURIST VISA APPLICATION FORM*Business Visas allow you to attend conferences, workshops, seminars or discussions. It does not mean that the holder of a business visa is allowed to work in Kenya. Those who wish to conduct temporary business in Kenya lasting up to three months require authorization from The Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi (P.O. Box 30191, Nairobi Kenya) in form of Special Pass.ï¿½
- A Visa is required prior to entry into Kenya.
- Visas are usually valid for three months from the issuance date
- Visas are issued within 5 (Five) business days from date of receipt of the application being sent by mail and courier services.
- A self-addressed stamped return courier envelope for Fedex, Express Mail, Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (NB: UPS, Metered stamps and Regular mail are not acceptable).
- Note: For those traveling to Kenya with their pets, see conditions outlined on http://kenyaembassy.com
- Please ensure that all your paperwork is well organised ( i.e photo stapled at the top left side of Application form, while your itinerary and application form are together)
Visa applications without complete requirements will not be processed. Please ensure all the requirements are met.
For more information on visa application and visa categories based on nationalities, please visit www.immigration.go.ke This website provides comprehensive details on all immigration services provided by the Department of Immigration of Kenya in Nairobi including but not limited to work permit, passes, citizenship, other immigration services and frequently asked questions (F.A.Qs)
Visa applicants who intend to undertake an internship/ placement and volunteer work in Kenya are further required to liaise with their host organizations/ companies in Kenya to make application for the appropriate authorization to the Director of Immigration Services (P.O. Box 30191, Nairobi. Telephone ++254-20-2222022) prior to their engagement in the respective attachments.
NB: Any incomplete application will be returned.
To avoid delays in processing your application please ensure that you have read all the requirements above.ï¿½