KENYA CITIZENSHIP - ARTICLE 14(1), (2) AND (5) OF THE CONSTITUTION
The Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act 2011 which implements Chapter 3 of the Constitution commenced on 30th August 2011 and effectively repealed the Kenya Citizenship Act Cap 170, The Immigration Act Cap. 172 and the Aliens Restriction Act Cap 173, Law of Kenya. .... More
Kenyans who voluntarily renounced Kenyan citizenship and want to regain it are required to fill Form 5 (Application to Regain Kenyan Citizenship) and Form 2 (Declaration by a Dual Citizen) and forward them to the Kenya Embassy for processing.
Kenyans who have acquired the citizenship of another Country are required to fill Form 2 and forward it to the Kenya Embassy for processing.
REQUIREMENTS UNDER FORM 2 AND FORM 5
1.Proof of Kenyan Citizenship :
a. Kenyan Passport
b. Kenyan National I.D
c. Kenyan Birth Certificate
2. Proof of citizenship of other country. (Two) 2 Certified copies of - Naturalization Certificate and 2 certified copies of foreign passport
3. Two(2) passport size pictures. (NB: Most current picture taken maximum within the last one month.)
- Clear Pictures. They should not be blurred nor have a dark hue, all facial features should be clearly outlined.
- Pictures with full face and both ears showing.
- Pictures taken against a white background.
- Weaves and hair should not cover the forehead or the rest of the face.
- Decent pictures-ladies should not be wearing strapy or strapless tops.
- Pictures should be without shadows in the background.
- Pictures in which the applicant is not smiling or laughing.
- Pictures should be taken without spectacles.
- The size of the pictures should be 2 inches by 2 inches.
All documents submitted MUST be notarized.
If you have any questions ,please email : email@example.com
FORMS (Click to download)
1. FORM 2
2. FORM 5